Friday, April 17, 2009

Fast and Furious


Not be confused with The Fast and The Furious or Make it Fast, Make it Furious(my personal fav), the 2009 version is plainly Fast and Furious. Now I hate to admit this right off the bat, but I actually really like this film. Yes, of course there were moments when I was thinking "okay that line was ridiculous", but it was hard not to revert back to the original when I was a mere 15 yr old, thinking 1. Paul Walker is a hottie(yes I used the term hottie in HS) and 2. I want to have NOS in my car.


The team behind Fast and Furious were able to keep the same atmosphere from the original, but also able to make it a 2009 movie. No worries there are lots of half naked women and street racing cars in full throttle , but they incorporated some new technology with GPS systems that I thought was quite innovative.


They also decided to bring back four of the original characters. Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto(I prefer Dom), Paul Walker as Brian O'Conner(now an FBI agent), Michelle Rogriguez as Letty, Dom's bad ass girlfriend and of course Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto.


Needless to say, after an accident happens Dom and O'Conner are forced to join forces in order to bring down a heroin importer by going undercover and becoming part of his operation. There is a nice twist at the end that kept me engaged in the action of the story.


All and all it was an entertaining film, that allowed me to reminisce about the good 'ol days of early high school. Although they did bring back the four original characters, Jesse was one of my favorites from the first film and I was hoping that he would have some sort of a camio in this one... no luck there.

No comments:

Post a Comment