Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Soloist


I've never really been a fan of Jamie Foxx. Not sure why, but I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with his The Jamie Foxx Show on The WB, back when The WB existed.

His performance in The Soloist was truly breathtaking. He plays the part perfectly and quite comically. And the movie was more than just the idea of someone who plays music beautifully; it was in sight into the Los Angeles homeless sector. Being someone who's been sheltered in suburbia, I found the scenes at the shelters extremely interesting and sad. Homelessness carries a stigma which isn't necessarily true. This film helps bring that thought to light.

The movie should have had a guitar box set up outside the theatre to collect spare change for the LA homeless shelters, as I wanted to empty my pockets of all the change.



No comments:

Post a Comment