Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shopaholic 2.14

Yea, yea. I went and saw this romantic comedy, alone, and on Valentine's Day which basically equates to social suicide.

I am not a shopper. At all. Like the very thought of it cuts my breathing in half. The long lines, spending hours in dressing rooms, obsessing over colors....all not for me.

So you'll imagine my shock while sitting there and watching this splendid movie and enjoying every minute of it. The movie delivers laughs and epitomizes the Magazine editor (which is dying according to all of the magazines out there folding).

What I walked away with (despite the fact I may just be the only person in existence SANS a credit card), I wish I was as passionate about something in my life as character Becky and her shopping. Like I have my phases, but nothing that survives day in, day out, my love and admiration like Becky and shopping. So at the end of the film, I had a craving to shop and see if I push through the anxiety I usually feel, could in turn, become something of Becky's passion. I drove by the mall, saw the crowded lot, began getting stomach cramps and drove home to saddle up next to the computer and jcrew.com where I managed to drop a hefty penny without the dressing rooms, lines and sales associates telling me this color looks great on me when it fact, it doesn't.

Katie asked me to remember one piece of fashion advice from the film: Never wear green with yellow. But I still will. Do you have to follow the fashion rules even if you're not a shopaholic?


No comments:

Post a Comment