Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Funny People 8.5.09

Well if you have been reading our page for a while, it might be obvious that I would be waiting in line at midnight to see this movie. Unfortunately, it took some talking into of the bf to go and see it with me. After the four hour ordeal(we were early, so we spent some time in the arcade) I would have to say I'm not sure its worth making the trip to the theatre.

The previews did a little disservice to the film. I was hoping for some great classic lines, some heart strings being pulled and some great camio's. Even though the camio's were ridiculous, the classic lines were few a far between and the heart strings barely got pulled.

There were a few aspects of this movie that I really enjoyed. One was Seth Rogen's character, Ira. He was adorable as a struggling stand up comedian who sleeps on a pull out couch. Another was Jason Schwartzman. I am a huge fan anyways, but his protrail of a semi famous TV star was absolutely hysterical.

All and all I would wait to redbox this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment